Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Step By Step Facial Care.


Assalamualaikum! Hai ^.^

As I write this post, I just washed my face minutes ago. My skin felt so fresh and smooth(as I've been touching it over and over -_- perasan). Then I stood up in front of my make-up rack and started to questioned myself. Do I have to apply the toner after I washed my face? Then, there goes my other voice saying, "Toner is to help to cover back the opened pore after you have washed your face with your facial cleanser." Okay then, I wondered again, "We do have to let our skin "sleep"/rest as well during night without putting any make-up on. Right?" Chop! But sometimes, I do feels that toner will help your skin relax since the word TONER synonym with the word PENYEGAR. So penyegar muka means TONER. So sometimes I think we have to apply toner after the cleanser before sleep. And wait, there are products of "Night Cream" from all brands right? So there goes my conclusion, I can apply something else after I wash my face at night before sleep. See? Now, I'm mumbling -___-'

Better late than never I thought. Here goes the googling just now with chosen keywords "As stated above : Step By Step Facial Care". Both Men and women have to take care of their skin especially face lah. Because, we women, face is located at the top of our body, excluding hair since we Muslim Women are covering our hair :). I started to google, then I found several webpages that attracted my sight.

This is what Renee Rouleau said, she is a celebrity esthetician.

1. Touching your face all day long, without intentionally doing so, is making your face one of the dirtiest parts on your body. It’s important to clean the skin to avoid the spread of acne bacteria that can cause increased blemishes.
2. Cleansing your skin at night will reduce oil and the ability for acne-causing bacteria to thrive inside the pores. This means less break outs!
3. Your skin repairs itself at night, so removing makeup gives your skin a clean palette for applying your night time performance products for maximum absorption. --> They are sleeping katenye :P
4. While you sleep, your skin is at rest allowing regeneration to occur. For the best anti-aging results, clean your skin with a gentle sulfate-free cleanser like Luxe Mint Cleansing Gel or AHA/BHA Cleansing Gel and use a high performance serum and moisturizer.
5. Moisturizers evaporate when on the skin all day, so washing your skin and applying moisturizer at night ensures it will stay moist and hydrated.--> So, from now on, you! you! and you! apply night cream!

In another site says that, after you clean your face, you MUST apply a good night cream. This is the ideal night beauty step! Hooorrahh Beba, good job. Because all this while, every after facial cleansing, I will apply toner, then moisturizer.

If you want to know a very simple step by step facial care. :)


Step 1: Cleanse

Gently massage your cleanser into your face and neck (taking care not to drag or roughly handle your skin) and then, depending on the type of cleanser you are using, remove your cleanser by rinsing with water or wiping it off with cotton wipes.

Step 2: Tone

Now is the time to give your face another splash with water or some toner applied with a cotton pad.

Step 3: Moisturize

The final step is to inject some moisture into your newly refreshed skin. Moisturizers are essential for all skin types and will replenish any moisture that your skin has lost and will prevent any further loss. 
Once your skin has soaked in your moisturizer then your facial is complete!

Some extra information about toner. Some people thinks that, in facial care, we can skip toner. But for me, it is essential. Because, toner will get rid of any traces cleanser and make-ups remaining on (as well as) IN your skin, temporarily shrink pores and may even give a moisturizing effect depending on the ingredient in the toner.

Plus, they said that "You have to put your moisturizer on before the toner had dry, because this will helps sealed in extra moisturizer." lol. For me, I always wait for my toner to dry before applying the moisturizer, since what I kept in mind was, toner helps to cover opened pores, then when I apply moisturizer on top of that, the moisturizer  will not enter the pore before its been fully covered. :P Silly me. Plus, it doesn't feel so right if you apply the cream when the toner is still wet. Errr... Okay.

Another simple tips from other websites. Still the three steps are being applied. Lovin' it.

Before cleansing your skin with a gentle cleanser, it is wise to give yourself a light steam treatment to open your pores and prepare your face for cleaning. To do this, simply soak a soft towel in a bowl of comfortably warm herbal tea (chamomile is one of my favorites). Wring out the towel and place it over your face and neck area and relax until it cools slightly. You may repeat this process, as it is quite soothing.


I am using this for idk, one year and it suits me well.
Cleanse your face with a gentle handmade cleanser such as Rose Cream Cleanser (recipe below). Use upward, circular movements of the fingertips to gently stimulate the skin and help lift surface debris and excess oil. Rinse with warm water and gently pat excess moisture from face with a soft towel. If you wear heavy make-up, you might wish to repeat the cleansing process.

After cleansing, it is important to tone the skin. Use ingredients that help balance the pH of the skin as it is typically disturbed during the cleansing process. The recipe for Tone Up Tea is excellent for most skin types, and contains aloe to soothe and green tea as an effective anti-oxidant. Apply the toner with a soft cotton pad, but do not rub the skin. Rather, saturate the pad and pat the toner over the face and neck area. Do not pat skin dry. If you sense the aroma of the cider vinegar, don’t worry. It disappears quickly. Apple cider vinegar is the best natural ingredient to ensure optimal pH balance for the skin. Avoid eye area when using this toner. You skin is now ready for moisturizing.
And this is for the toning step. I 've just realized, that I've been using not the same product as my face wash and cream. Supposedly I must've used this..

Wrong cap only. The thing is I is hard to find this type of toner. In the drugstore they would always  the gray penutup one. :p
Moisturize your skin using Aromatic Facial Oil, which contains a host of soothing ingredients to add moisture and nutrients to your skin. To seal in the moisture, be sure to apply the oil while skin remains damp from applying the toner. Gently apply the oil to your face and neck using patting motions. For oily areas of skin, one application of oil should suffice. Apply twice to dry areas of skin, waiting about 2-3 minutes between applications, and being sure to moisten the skin slightly with water or toner before the second application
Been using this as soon as I use the same cleanser, because before this I used....
for the past 5 years when I was in matriculation because my skin got so dried back then.
So, that's it. I'll just have to continue what I've been doing all this while cause it worth doing it. I know that my skin is not as glowing as Dato' Siti Nurhaliza, as fair as Neealofa, as gebu as Shahiezy Sam (Erk? Actually I was about to type his sister's name, but tertulis Shahiezy. jodoh dah tu kot :P) Tapi as long as I feel okay with it. Alhamdulillah. Just sharing. *x0x0*
That was when I was eating with my boyfriend latebreakfast the other day, he started to complained on my make-up since he doesn't like me putting make-up on, the least is I only apply cream and base to avoid me looks like sick. He said that I'm "darkening" plus I've a mustache! Ewww! Such a no-heart-and-stomach-person lah you! aishhh. He said that, " I tak suke perempuan ada misai." Like I care lah pakcik. hahaha. That is why I kept on looking at my face/mustache before I went to bathroom just now. Then I felt like writing this :)
And, girls! Since I am a heavy-make-up-person sometimes :p (sometimes lah sangat) it did mentioned in one of the articles, that we have to double the cleansing step. Know why? You knew it.And my problem is, I rarely use make-up remover. Because I think the oil in the remover will not act as smooth as baby johnson's bedtime oil. 
I will think twice to buy this instead of ..
...this (:
So conclusion, I remove make-up using baby oil. :)

Addition, I tried using a remover from bodyshop, it was great, but later it was hard to find the product in several BS outlets, so I went back to the baby oil.
Love this because the aroma is not strong.
Now, talking about skin remind me of my eczema problem. Not to be assaulting, I have a genetic of an eczema skin problem. But I would like to stop this entry till the next posting. Eczema. 
Till then, babai.x0x0

No comments: